Tim Manders is Information Advisor at the Exploration department that works on topics like user driven development, broadening the collections and data discovery. He operationalizes innovations and optimizes metadata processes from ingest to access. Tim is a member of the FIAT / IFTA Media Management Committee. Topics he deals with:
- Media Management - a proactive approach to annotation: generating more and structured metadata as early as possible in the chain, supplemented with automatic techniques that provide clear access.
- The implementation of automatic techniques, applied to the daily intake of radio and TV in the archive: speaker labeling, term extraction and facial recognition.
- Using the thesaurus to get well structured data and to link with other collections and sources.
- Optimization of metadata processes and workflows.
- Business rules, metadata mapping, metadata standards, metadata normalizations and metadata models.
- User requirements and management of the development of functionalities related to metadata processes and search.
- Ethics and bias in collection selection, annotation and AI.